Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help identifiying motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Google it

Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Those would be pics of the G54B engine block. Now I'm not sure of the internals that are in it and I'm not sure what vehicle it came from but those blocks were EXCLUSIVELY used for the Mitsubishi Starion, Chrysler Conquest TSi, Dodge D50, and Mitsubishi Mighty Max. The truck versions were N/A using a carbureted intake and the Conquest and Starion versions were Throttle Body injection using 2 injectors one main that ran all the time and the secondary prone to failure due to it's much lower amount of usage. Whether it's a carb or TBI wouyld be determined by the pistons inside and the intake mounted. Obviously using an N/A internal setup on a turbo (TBI) external setup would lead to VERY bad juju as well as a large metal grenade with a random countdown timer.

These block were also used in forklifts fueled by propane. If there's anything you need to know about these engines, I've been further into these engines than most of the guys on this board have been into their cars as a whole. I rebuilt the one that I use as a daily driver right now and have various pics I can show you of just about anything you need. I also have tons of spare parts as well.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM

Thanks guys you were right it was an 87 conquest and we just worked on it a couple days and teacher used it for the test so i dont need further information on this motor.