Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Management

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Default iPod Management

Hello,

I'm writing from Florence italy, I recently bought a Mitsubishi ASX, 1.8 4WD Intense ClearTec, and I'm really satisfied of the car.
My problem is related to the iPod management functionality: I connect the iPod by means of the USB Apple cable, the system detects the iPod and loads the data base. If I want to select an Album to be played, I proceed in such a way: I rotate the tuning **** as far as the search key "Album" and I press it; then I rotate the same **** to navigate inside the album list as far as the Album I want to play and I press the **** to select it. Well, I espect that the album playing starts from the track number 1, but it doesn't happen and it starts from the 1st track in the alphabetic order!!!! Take into account that the tracks and the albums are regularly tagged (they works in the iPod). Could anyone help me about this problem? It is a very irritating problem expecially with classic music in which the order of the tracks to be played is fundamental.

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

I would suggest that you make a playlist with the order of the album and use it instead to play an album. Otherwise I don't think track numbers are part of the album information recorded in the file so the iPod defaults to alphabetic organization instead. You may also look at the iPods settings and see if maybe there is a setting that can be changed to sort the songs by track number instead of alphabetically.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius
I would suggest that you make a playlist with the order of the album and use it instead to play an album. Otherwise I don't think track numbers are part of the album information recorded in the file so the iPod defaults to alphabetic organization instead. You may also look at the iPods settings and see if maybe there is a setting that can be changed to sort the songs by track number instead of alphabetically.
Well, when I load tracks on my iPod I fill every tag, thus the one of the track number too. When I play an album with my iPod it is played in the right order and the track number are correctly shown. When I connect the iPod to the car stereo system by USB, the iPod controls are disabled and the car stereo controls directly the tracks. I cannot believe that Mitsubishi doesn't has foreseen that the tracks of an album has their own sequence.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Ah so then it's the radio itself doing this not the iPod... Well I can believe that an auto manufacturer wouldn't think to look at this quirk. I would check your radio settings make sure it isn't set to shuffle songs. If it isn't set to shuffle, then the only thing I can think of is my previously mentioned idea of making a playlist.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 AM

I can confirm the alphabetical playback of songs on Albums. I recently bought the 2011 Outlander SE with the standard radio and Rockford Fosgate system. I tried the Playlist route and found that for the most part, that corrects play order, except "featured artist" songs seem to get shuffled to the end of the play order. That is weird.

The other quirk I have noticed is that the system cuts about the last second or so off of each song. This is really annoying, especially when you are playing an album that should be gapless.

Does anyone know if the MMCS Navi system corrects these flaws? I really don't want to go aftermarket as I like the FUSE system and the integration it offers. I would consider upgrading to the Navigation (MMSC) system if it would fix those two problems. Major problems in my opinion, but I am picky about my music...

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 AM

sorry to bump an old thread, but I just got a 2011 lancer today, and I've figured out how to hook up my ipod, and when I tell it to play an artist (through the fuse hands free system) it starts playing it in what seems like a random order. even if its an artist that only has one album, it plays the songs randomly. It should pick the first album alphabetically, and then play it in album order.. Anyone have a fix for this, because it will drive me absolutely insane. I'm kind of a music nut, and the fuse / ipod integration was a big selling point..

Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 PM

Pontiusx - I can't even get my USB and hands free system to work! Each time I plug my iphone into the usb, it says no connection. Does this system not work with the iphone 4? I really want to use hands free system. Right now I can only use my iphone/ipod through bluetooth.

Any advice??

Old 10-29-2011, 11:55 AM

Hrm, well ive heard it works on the new iOS, but there was also an update for the fuse hands free system, that the dealership should be able to perform.