Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bough an 05 Lancer. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Question just bough an 05 Lancer. Need help

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just bout an 05 Lancer es. I've slays wanted a lancer was was extremely psyched to finally get my hands on one, even if is an es model. Anyways today, the second day I have it it won't start, it does basically nothing when I turn the key. Does not turn over. The dash clock/radio turns off as if it work starting and there's a slight hum sound f u listen very very closely. The person I got if from said he always just pushed in the key while turning, but I think they're just talking about the regular " click " u have to do. I don't belives it's the ignition because he seems like it does try when Iturn it. Anyways, I am basically wondering if this year of model is known for any issues like this? Is this something ppl have experienced before? Or am I simply just looking at a bad starter? Any help would be greatly aprciated. Like I said, very new to this car, and basically mitsubishi I general. Always been a huge fan, but ive only ownezd one Mitsubishi and that was an '86 starionback in the early nineties, sick car btw. Anyways, if someone could shoot me a little advice thnx. gonna give the car my first "one over" tomorrow's morn and see if I can come up with something. Ill check back to see if any kind person has suggestion. Thnx and sorry about the spelling/errors in this post, I'm on my mobile phone, I'm sure it hurts to read. Again, thnx