Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minor noises new 6bolt

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Default RE: Minor noises new 6bolt

alright thanks for all the info.

Yeah the mount could be the noise, because it sounds like it's just rubbing against some other heavy metal.

I'm pulling the car into the garage and checking all the vacuum lines tomorrow night

Also, it's a complete 1g motor swapped in; and the shop's done alot of them. If you ever heard of'em it's zerolift autolab.
They're pretty good just seemed to have missed a few things here and there, such as a knock sensor was unplugged, left the speed sensor unit out making the transmission leak about a quart of gear oil, just small things.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Did they drive the car when they were done??? Wtf I'd be pissed abt all that. How much did you pay in labor for the 6 bolt swap?

Old 02-15-2008, 04:47 PM

No, they didn't drive it, but although i'm upset about these things being missed, I'd still rather fix the small issues myself than let them have it for another month. It seems any ricer that wants to get a cold-air intake installed gets their cars done first beings mine's a bigger project and they can do their's first, therefore mine getting pushed back so much. But yeah after these minor things this car will be running great. I have a completely new interior as well as insulation and carpet waiting to throw in the bad boy.

But yeah I'm somewhat pissed but I plugged up a new speed sensor today and now it works. So all I have left to do is look underneath and find that rattle and vacuum leak and I should be set (I think a mount is loose b/c I hear the noise coming directly under the shifter now that I pay attention to it. So it's probably a mount for the Drive-shaft or something under there). Any tips would be appreciated . Thanks guys