Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

MMCS not recognising my iPhone 4 and iPod classic

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Default MMCS not recognising my iPhone 4 and iPod classic

Hi everyone!

I am hoping you can point me to the right direction. I have a new ASX with the MMCS. The vehicle came with the iPod cable connector, however, it does not recognize the iPhone 4 nor the iPod classic. Even the dealer cannot solve the issue and all they could say was that "we need to follow what's in the manual" (where it states that it iPod connector only accepts iPod 4th and 5th generation or iPod nano 4th and 5th generation).

The odd part, however, was I test drove the same model before making the purchase and my iPhone 4 actually worked (BTW, the Rockford Fosgate system was amazing it was one of the reasons I fell in love with the car!). Obviously, the dealer is of no use which is disappointing but no one can figure out why. For now, the dealer provided me the AUX cable which works fine but would love to get to the bottom as to why the iPod cable connector is "not working".

Maybe the MMCS needs a software upgrade? etc? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM

I just picked up a ralliart (2011 may); no go with the iPod cable with a new iPod touch. Dealer said to use Bluetooth - that works but no meta data. When trying to use iPod interface says I connect then I retry over and over. Looking for fix