Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must read this

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Default Must read this

Recently ive been hearing like a clicking knocking noise when i was making turns or like when i hit a bump and also about a month after i bought it, i notcied like a rattling noise when i reved up the trottle(sounded like a heatshield) but couldnt figure it out because the shields seem intact.So I just went to a shop where I have noticed alot of dsm products being worked on and figured this guy could give me some advice and help me somewhat of the right direction. Well after looking at it and jacking it up and checking it out for about 10 mins he asked me." did this just get a clutch put on it" I replied " yea the previous owner told me, he had one put on a cpl mos. b4 i got it". From there he told me that whoever did the clutch stripped the bolts and from that point on the bolts over time loosend themselves and fell out and another broke off in there.

First of all has anyone ever heard of this happening???

Second of all he said he would have to drop the tranny most likely to be able to rethread the holes and would cost around 800$ for labor????

I live in upstate ny and do not know of anyone in particular to help me with this problem, so any kind of suggestions, comments or concerns would be greatly appreciated....

MY EVO 8 NEEDS TO REPRESENT MISTUBHISHI, THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT!!!!!