Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

New Outlander Sport missing equipment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Default New Outlander Sport missing equipment?

Hello! I bought a 2013 Outlander Sport yesterday from my local dealership. It has the Rockford fosgate package with the surround sound, but the sub woofer is missing. I've already shown the problem to my dealer, and I'm suppose to go in Monday. I was just wondering if anybody else has heard of such a thing, and if yall might have some recommendations on how to proceed further. Thanks!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM

why did you buy a truck with missing parts ????

Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM

Did you buy the Base model?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by zack7895
Hello! I bought a 2013 Outlander Sport yesterday from my local dealership. It has the Rockford fosgate package with the surround sound, but the sub woofer is missing. I've already shown the problem to my dealer, and I'm suppose to go in Monday. I was just wondering if anybody else has heard of such a thing, and if yall might have some recommendations on how to proceed further. Thanks!
If you purchased your O.Sport with the Premium Package, which includes:

> Panoramic glass roof with adjustable LED mood lighting
> 710-Watt, Rockford Fosgate® audio system with an in-dash 6-CD/MP3 changer, Digital Signal Processor (DSP), 3-band equalization, speed-compensated volume and 9 speakers, including a 10-inch dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch® control
> Roof rails
> Auto-dimming rearview mirror
> Rearview camera system

Then yes, you should have the sub & custom fitted enclosure.

Hope it gets resolved properly at your dealership! Keep us in the loop.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Default update

The car does have the premium package. I did tell the dealership, they order the sub tried to put it in last week, they didn't order the side paneling for the install, so now I'm waiting on that to come in. Mitsu told the delearship its not covered under warranty and they will not fix it. The dealership has agreed to fix the problem, and is being helpful so far. I also did call mitsu customer service to tell them about the problem, but they seemed uninterested and did not care really. I'm just waiting on the dealership to fix it and if they don't I suppose ill take avantage of the lemon law in my state. Also the dome light on that side doesn't work. Its kind of like when they built the car they negelected that entire side haha.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by zack7895
The car does have the premium package. I did tell the dealership, they order the sub tried to put it in last week, they didn't order the side paneling for the install, so now I'm waiting on that to come in. Mitsu told the delearship its not covered under warranty and they will not fix it. The dealership has agreed to fix the problem, and is being helpful so far. I also did call mitsu customer service to tell them about the problem, but they seemed uninterested and did not care really. I'm just waiting on the dealership to fix it and if they don't I suppose ill take avantage of the lemon law in my state. Also the dome light on that side doesn't work. Its kind of like when they built the car they negelected that entire side haha.
That's sad to hear...
Seems to me that both Mitsu and your dealer dropped the ball on this simple problem. Obviously, there's a major component missing - Either it was accidentally left off the assembly line or there was some kind of theft or negligence during prep of your vehicle. So, for Mitsu to not look any deeper into your situation is a bit worrisome.

Well, I hope your dealership will fix all the bits and pieces + light(s) issues you're having!

Good luck