Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission problem or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Default Transmission problem or something else?

I have a 2013 outlander se with approx 97 k miles. My wife stopped at a red light, and when the light turned green she pressed on the gas. It reved up a little but didnt move. She put it in all gears and the same thing happened. Eventually she was able to back up and get off the street. Now it will move, but is very jerky and struggles to move. It goes into gear easily. There are no check engine lights on the dash. Any and all help is appreciated.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:27 PM

i have similar outlander 2013 but at 48k i also noticed a very bad acceleration problem. since i was low on budget i asked around mechanics and other forums and came down to a few things i had to upkeep. don't know if this will help but my issue was getting the car to accelerate from 20-30 to 50-60 getting onto the highway. it stalled like crazy even with pedal to the floor.

1. changed gas to amoco, exxon, mobil or sunnoco (some cheap places around here are wattering down the gas- even big name brands it seems)
2. changed all 4 spark plugs that were worn out bad. ($88 online for 4)
3. switched to a quality k&n air filter ($20)
4. dropped some Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up ($7)
5. cleaned the mass air flow sensor but I still have to get the throttle body done which is really tricky and you need to disarm it for best cleaning purposes.

you can do most of this on your own very easily with the basic mechanical tools.

that on me helped me get the car going. but in your case it might also be the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor.

the bad is that you wont get a check engine until the car reaches a really bad point which sucks.

hope this helps!

luar-