Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming Outlander 2007 with Navi System

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Default Programming Outlander 2007 with Navi System

I have searched and found many people talking about similar topics (or starting to and then getting off topic) so i am going to ask again.
Just got a 2007 Outlander without a Navigation system but with the F.A.S.T. key less entry system.
There are many annoying features that from the manual apparently can be changed, but they don't tell you how and going to the dealer is a time consuming process which it seems they are not even that familiar with.
When you approach the vehicle and trigger the door unlocking by putting your hand on the handle, only the driver door unlocks. I am trying to find instructions for changing that so All doors unlock. Someone wrote about holding the LOCK button on the remote for 5 second then pressing the UNLOCK and releasing both. That does produce a beep sequence like something is changing, which toggles between 1,2 and 4 beeps, but does not do anything for this issue nor i can figure out what its changing.
There must be similar procedure to change the locking, unlocking of all doors.
Also there must be a way to change the auto locking/unlocking of the doors when shutting the engine/engaging drive as many if not most cars do today. Does anyone know the procedure for that?

There must be a list of procedures for changing this and many other items without a navigation screen. Many other cars i have had detailed this in the manual, but this vehicle does not which is very disappointing as its not a confidential government secret, this is something owners should be able to do on their own.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Bobkaron; 07-07-2011 at 10:11 AM.