Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced alternator - dim lights??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Default Replaced alternator - dim lights??

Hi all

New to the forum, just got a 2.0 Galant which I love, however.....

I got it for a good price because acouple of things need fixing on it - all have been done except theres still a minor problem (which is really bugging me)!

I bought it with no battery and it needed a new alternator. I bought new good battery, bought new alternator, and both belts - fitted all of them and car starts up and runs like a dream but the oil and battery warning lights on the dash board keep flickering on intermitently (not fully - really faintly) but every few seconds - sometimes minutes they'll flicker for a few seconds.
Would this be down to a bad earth? I've looked everywhere and can't see any earths that are that bad, also I fitted the small earth wire from the alternator loom bit to the bottom of the inlet manifold (where the air con pipe bolts to it)- is that the right place for it?

Any help will be great - really bugging me as I can't think of anything I've done wrong.....