Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaking noise on Colt

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Default Squeaking noise on Colt

Not sure if anyone can help. I went to the dealership about 2 months ago as my car had started squeaking really loud. It happened on start up, changing gear and when revving. They told me it was the alternator belt slipping and they had tightened it up. This seemed to solve it.
This last week it has started to make a noise again, my husband had a listen with the bonnet up as you could hear the noise when the car is just ticking over. He said it sounded like the bearings in the alternator.
I have been back to Mitsubishi this morning and all the way to the garage the car made this noise. However once there they could`nt find anything wrong and asked me to go out with the mechanic, can you believe it but there was no noise. The mechanic said it wouldn`t be the alternator as they very very rarely go in the Colt. It may be the belt. He checked the belt and came back and said it was all ok but if it happens again to go back.
Has anyone heard of this happening before? My warrenty runs out in Sept and I feel they are just fobbing me off.