Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Default Stalling Problem

Hello Everyone!

I have a 1997 Chrysler Sebring Coupe V6 2.5L. I was trying to get some opinions on a Sebring board but it was suggested I try a Mitsubishi board seeing as they are the ones that made my car =)

A few months ago I had a new engine put in my car. I took it to a shop that did a less than perfect job on it and drove off with a car that randomly stalled out. My dad works at a dealership & had one of his mechanics take a look. Upon inspection it was found that some wiring and hoses were not hooked up. Had those taken care of plus had a new TPS, starter, sensors, fuel pump, etc put on but the car was still stalling out.. only it stalls out when accelerating from a stop & at no other time. Yesterday I took it to a mechanic who specializes in Mitsubishi.. he found an un-metered air leak in the fuel injectors. He took them off, cleaned and sealed the leaks.. also he found no other leaks on the engine. After he drove it for about 4 miles he stalled out after coming from a stop.. took car back to shop and put it on their scope but it wouldn't link to the car. The mechanic suggested that I have a bad PCM. Tomorrow I am having a new one put on. Other then that being the possible reason that the car is stalling I can not, nor can the mechanics come up with any other reason for the car stalling out when coming from a stop. It was suggested a while back that it could be the distributor or wiring but both are new. Anyone ever encounter this problem or have any educated guesses? I was told that my car is very similar to the Eclipse. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!