Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

TPMS help

Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Default TPMS help

Hello
I am new member and in need of an expert advice.
I have Endeavor 2010 and about 3 weeks ago had to replace front passenger tire with spare one (brand new full size). Pressure indicator came "on". Was told that system monitors pressure in all 5 tires, and spare has to be in place and inflated. Because flat tire was cut, bought new one (exactly the same brand and model) from STS. Light came on again but mechanic have said I need to run for 20-30 miles before it goes off. Needless to say, nothing happened. Indicator was on still.
Made trip to dealer and was charged 1.5 hours of labour - $150 and tech have said that STS mechanic while installing tire "got sensor loose" and it required complete reprogramming of TPMS. Also tech from dealership told me that all of the sensors were OK and replacement is not needed. He even gave me note to STS about "loose sensor" and recommended to ask STS for reimbursment.
But STS people claimed that if sensor is "loose" than tire gets deflated. I have checked pressure in all 5 wheels many times and it was normal all the times. So what you think - was I ripped off by dialership or STS is lying to cover their a....s?
Sorry for long story.
If somebody has some info about it, please share.
Thanks in advance.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Lag

Take your dash apart and "disable" that pesky orange light. Get a .99 cent tire gauge. Problem solved. On a serious note, read your owners manual under "TPMS..." Some cars tpms sensors can be reset using controls on the dash. If you cannot do it yourself, the only way to reset them is to use a TPMS reset tool. Make sure the tire pressure in all 5 tires matches that of the recommended pressure on the placard in the drivers door jam. (Yellow/white sticker). Sensors are easily broken... If you keep having this issue, I would tell the place that installed your new tire to break the bead and inspect your sensor. I hope I was of any help.