Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to solve a blower/AC issue - 03 Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
What is cold exactly? Can you stick a thermometer in your vent to get a reading, that might help narrow down the causes.

Well easiest thing to check is cooling fans... Make sure they are running when the AC is running, particularly when it's blowing warm air...

When it's blowing warm air also make sure the AC compressor is still turning (ie. the AC clutch didn't turn off).

If you can get a gauge set and check your pressures that would be the ideal way to check the charges.. You can bring it to pretty much any mechanic and ask them to just read the pressures to confirm your charge is good/bad.

If the charge is low that means you have a leak as AC systems are closed so nothing is supposed to leave it under normal conditions. You can get a refill with dye in it that will glow under UV light to help pinpoint the leak.

To properly charge the system you need to be able to pull a vacuum on the whole system and I doubt you have a vacuum pump so you may want to bring it to a shop to have it recharged properly if you want it to work properly. (or invest in the specialized AC tools)

Recharging a leaking system with air in it may not be legal and it definitely will just be a band-aid and you won't have efficient cooling. Kinda like putting air in a tire with a nail in it without patching the hole.
Thanks, will check the cooling fans, and also try to listen for whether compressor's still running, next time I have a warm air flow when i can test.

Do have a gauge set so I think i could do the pressures test myself but beyond that yeah, should probably just take it to a shop to scope it out for the vacuum test and a proper charge...

Much appreciated,

Mike

Old 08-24-2015, 07:45 AM

You could do a proper pressure test then and even charge it with a dye if needed to help fine and fix the leak.. If you want to buy a vacuum pump you can charge it yourself too but charging a system with air in it is a bad idea in the long run.