Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Voiding the Warantee

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Default Voiding the Warantee

hey everybody

My girlfriend just banged up my 2009 Lancer SE by scraping it up against a wall. Basically dented and scraped the rear pax side door, rear quarter panel, pax side of rear bumper and skirt. Will this mishap void any of the warantee's? I have the 10 year powertrain, 5 year new vehicle, and 5 year roadside assistance warantees that I would hate to lose over such an incident.
As a side question, I guess would be, do they require me to see one of their own body shops to maintain it?

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 AM

I think it is not covered. You will have to use your insurance with a deductible.

Only Engine are covered under the warranty, if you are covered.
Just ask dealer to make sure if the body is covered under your warranty.

Is the car fully covered? if not change the policy to fully covered ASAP. I hope it is not a big problem.
Sorry to hear that but I see a lot of new cars getting total wreck on 95 and they all brand new cars.

Me too had an accident after 2 months of driving my new car.

By the way just take it easy with your lady. I know it's your car but love ones are more important than material stuff.

take care

Last edited by BEAT; 08-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.