Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WATER LEAK IN CARPET - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:18 AM
NNN
Default WATER LEAK IN CARPET - HELP!

I have a 97 mitsubishi eclipse; recently the driver and passenger side (front and rear) floors are soaked with water (or at least what I think is water), however, I cannot find out how it is entering the vehicle. There is no water trail from any of the panels, nor from the sunroof, it seems as it is coming from the center floor of the vehicle.... Does any one have any experience with this problem?

Thanks

Old 12-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Default RE: WATER LEAK IN CARPET - HELP!

Thanks for the best laugh I had today NNN, sitting here imagining a leaking carpet!
If the coolant or screenwasher levels haven't dropped it's not from them.
You're not sure if it's water??
My serious advice is to take it to a carwash and sit inside, if it's water ingress, you'll soon find out how it's getting in! OK, that's if you've tried a hosepipe already!

Old 12-18-2006, 09:58 PM

maybe either the molding around the windshield is bad or your floor boards are rotted out...just my guess without seeing it.
Is your Eclipse a Spyder convertible as well? I ask this because the Spyder I used to own the top would leak around the driver side and passenger side window moldings in a heavy rain or at the car wash. I think they went bad because the top was always going up and down a lot and just wore them out.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:06 PM

hey my lancer did the same thing and it was the ac return tube was clogged. just put some air thru the tube and it was fine.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:12 PM

I think that the problem is from your heater core. Is the liquid is coolant ? Or when you use the AC or the heater, doesn't it leak in front of the passenger front seat. If yes, it is the heater core

Old 01-29-2007, 01:07 AM

i think the drainage for the heater box may be the cause like black diamond said. but who knows without seeing the car it could be one of a number of different things. first find out if it is coolant from the cooling system to rule out heater core malfunction. if not that check your drainage pipe from your a/c . then last blast it with water. also try getting all the water out and dry the car then keep an eye on it during rainy days. maybe a hole has formed in your floorboards that you may not have noticed. good luck

Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 AM

try using baby powder just dust the floor and stuff then hose your ride down check the powder for a wet trail ..

DAVE 2.0

Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM

I have the same problem. I had a technician check it out and it's definitely a leaking sun roof. He also said it was a design flaw as there is no seal. There is a tray to collect the water, but the tray is not large enough to expel the volume, so it seaps inside. It's had to detect as there was no water any where except on the carpet.

Wish I knew how to fix it.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:32 AM

Ill bet its coming from an HVAC component. This happened to my Talon.