Looking to buy EVO 8 Dream car, Need Help/Recommendatiaons

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 05:09 PM
Default Looking to buy EVO 8 Dream car, Need Help/Recommendatiaons

Dear community, I have wanted a gen 8/9 for 16 years, half my life. I now have an opportunity to buy one. I have never seen such a perfect specimen, almost appears to be too perfect. I can't go drive it/check it out until Saturday. I would honestly buy it online NOW, but there is something odd in the Carfax. OKAY GREAT, crazy low miles no reported accidents, IMO Im guessing anyone smart enough would never report and private pay. Now, Carfax shows 50k or so miles by first owner. Then sold, 6 years ago. Then nothing shows up for 2 years and then only 2k more miles are put on the car, its went to a Mitsu dealership twice in one month for 'Vehicle Serviced' and got sold at an auction, which makes me nervous. So... I have heard of people carefully pulling mods off, reinvesting stock components, etc.. but I have also heard of gage cluster rollbacks. My hope was to get any form of insight from yourselves, professionals/enthusiasts, and especially if you know what to look for in the case of the rollback situation. I just cant wrap my mind around someone purchasing an EVO and then putting 2k miles on the car in 6 years... it is just not adding up. Thanks for the help.