Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Default RE: Window tint

i just tinted my window 5% all around and i have a solid white strip across my windshield, and its pretty hard to see anything at night! so i would go with 15%
and as far as the cops pulling u over.. ive heard they cant pull you over for JUST tint.. they have to find somthing else to pull you over for.. like.. not haveing a front license plate. and yes its legal to put as dark as you want on the back window and the 2 little windows on the sides.. its just the door windows that have to meet state laws.

Old 08-23-2004, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: 2.slow

i just tinted my window 5% all around and i have a solid white strip across my windshield, and its pretty hard to see anything at night! so i would go with 15%
and as far as the cops pulling u over.. ive heard they cant pull you over for JUST tint.. they have to find somthing else to pull you over for.. like.. not haveing a front license plate. and yes its legal to put as dark as you want on the back window and the 2 little windows on the sides.. its just the door windows that have to meet state laws.
I got pulled over JUST cause of the tints, at 10 am in a bright ***! South Florida sunny as hell day! Cop was just bored I guess.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:04 PM

My Eclipse just got done in 15%. It looks incredible and isn't hard for me to see out of at night at all and I typically can't see well at night. It almost seems like a waste to me to go any lighter then that unless it's an issue of legality or just having a hard time seeing through it. But for looks, darker is better IMO.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 PM

I was looking at tints, but no one will tint it to 15% here in MN, they will only go to 30% and thats not even that dark so I didn't get one because I didn't want to pay like 150-200 dollars on a tint that I didn't even like that much.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:53 PM

Be happy that you have a law for tinted windows cause it seems in NJ that its up to the cops discression if its done after you buy it from the dealership. Whatever it comes with the dealership is legal and if you do more, a cop can pul you over. Didnt stop me from having 15% all around my Galant. Normally id say go 20%, cops tend to be more lenient around here for that 5% difference which is totally messed up but o well, welcome to the law i guess lol

Old 09-30-2004, 12:20 AM

I'm looking at getting a red window tint for my car do you know what website I could get that from I haven't done much calling around to ask if someone would do it.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:59 AM

I know here in WI you can just go to AutoZone and get red tint and/or any other color right there... in stock too...

Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: nate5023

I was just wondering if 15% tint was very dark, because thats the state law from where I live, or if I should go 30%, and will a cop pull me over for having a to dark of tint?
I had 15% on my RX-7 and it was fine, I could see at night fairly well, just as long as I didn't have to back up, LOL. I found out later that CO law is 27%, so I got ticketed for $68 and removed the tint on the door glass. What a crock of ****, lol.

Here's the tint b4 I removed it, kinda hard to see in that pic. It looks mega dark, but it isn't that bad from the inside out.

http://jtmann26.home.bresnan.net/images/my%20rex.JPG
Here you can see the 15% eyebrow pretty well, still looks real dark, but it certainly did the job I wanted it to do. When ya have no trunk, and 2 10" subs in the back with a pair of amps, ya gotta do something to help conceal em, lol.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:15 PM

Oh, and if you feel like taking a road trip, drive to Houston to get your tint done, LOL. I paid around $120 for 15% all around, and I even got a lifetime warranty, even tho it was illegal.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: nate5023

I was just wondering if 15% tint was very dark, because thats the state law from where I live, or if I should go 30%, and will a cop pull me over for having a to dark of tint?
If your state law is 15% then you should not get pulled over. That is pretty dark. I would go with 20% which is plenty dark. The factory windows have a tint to them of about 95-98%. It is not a standard, but the level of light that can pass through is not 100%. Just the way glass works when being made for automobiles. If you get 20% it will actually be around 15--17% and you should be left alone by the fuzz.

Quick Reply: Window tint