ABS / ASC / 4wd system service required

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:53 PM
Default ABS / ASC / 4wd system service required

I have a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander with 130k. The car makes a noise when accelerating at all times. After the car reaches 35/40 mph, the car starts to make a “back and forth” movement. As soon as I let go of the pedal and slowly push the pedal again, the car goes back to normal. The ABS, ASC, 4wd system service required, and check engine light are on. What can this be? The only code that comes up is p1773. I took it to a shop and they said the problem is coming from inside the transmission. They’re saying that they have to open up the transmission and see where the problem is. They’re estimating around $4,000. Could this be a wheel speed sensor issue or possibly the transfer case issue? I really need some advice. Thanks in advance

Old 09-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Default Resolved?

Originally Posted by Bardalec
I have a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander with 130k. The car makes a noise when accelerating at all times. After the car reaches 35/40 mph, the car starts to make a “back and forth” movement. As soon as I let go of the pedal and slowly push the pedal again, the car goes back to normal. The ABS, ASC, 4wd system service required, and check engine light are on. What can this be? The only code that comes up is p1773. I took it to a shop and they said the problem is coming from inside the transmission. They’re saying that they have to open up the transmission and see where the problem is. They’re estimating around $4,000. Could this be a wheel speed sensor issue or possibly the transfer case issue? I really need some advice. Thanks in advance
do you have anwser to your problem? I have the same with my outlander 2009 and im trying to found why it do that and the consequence to continue a couple of day to run with this trouble before go check up.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Audriii7
do you have anwser to your problem? I have the same with my outlander 2009 and im trying to found why it do that and the consequence to continue a couple of day to run with this trouble before go check up.
Unfortunately, it ended up being the transmission. The shop wanted 8K to fix it....... I ended up not fixing the car. Not worth it