Eclipse Transmission Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Default Eclipse Transmission Problems!!

I was just riding down the road around 30 mph wasn't doing anything stupid and all of a sudden my eclipse just rolled to a stop like it was in neutral. After I pushed it out of the road I played with the shifter and it felt fine but will not go into any gear in other words it wont move like its in neutral. If I put it in any gear it will just roll. The engine runs fine! It will just sit there engine running, idling fine, but will not go into any gear. The shifter lever moves fine from p,r,n,d. If I slap it over it will go into 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4. Don't really understand that, it seems really weird. The shifter doesn't feel like it is broken or anything like that, but don't really know. The drive indicator on the dash blinked several times when it first happened, but not since. I checked the transmission fluid and for some reason it was very low. I had to add nearly two quarts, thought that was wierd, but no sign of a leak. Could not find one drop of fluid leaking. It was dry up under the bottome of the transmission. I even walked back down the road to see if I could find transmission in the road, but didn't see any. The transmission had been working fine up until this point and was full the last time I checked.

Can anybody help??

Thanks!