Evolution Import

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Evolution Import

ORIGINAL: Tearstone

Evolution Imports has had some issues with getting things imported in a timely manner. I would simply talk to the guys on the phone and just get an honest answer from them as to when you can expect to receive it.

These cars are sent from Japan to the Bahamas. They have a place in the Bahamas that break the car down to the chasis and brought here to Orlando for reassembly. I know one of the guys that works there and he's a good dude. He's always driving around in some RHD car everytime I see him.
What a cool job that is, gets to work on imports all day then take a nice cruise in them. So do they convert everything to be legal in the US, such a what side the wheel is on, ect.?

Old 02-18-2006, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Evolution Imports has had some issues with getting things imported in a timely manner. I would simply talk to the guys on the phone and just get an honest answer from them as to when you can expect to receive it.

These cars are sent from Japan to the Bahamas. They have a place in the Bahamas that break the car down to the chasis and brought here to Orlando for reassembly. I know one of the guys that works there and he's a good dude. He's always driving around in some RHD car everytime I see him.
What a cool job that is, gets to work on imports all day then take a nice cruise in them. So do they convert everything to be legal in the US, such a what side the wheel is on, ect.?
No, they are branded a kit car here in the states, so they get to leap through quite a few loopholes doing so.

I'm not sure if you all are familiar with Can-am kit cars based in the UK, but you literally build those cars from the chasis up. There are 17 parts of the kit and you end up building the entire car yourself. The biggest criticism a lot of people have is that they get away with circumventing US standards and still become DOT legal.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:28 AM

Interesting - can this be done with any car? I'm sure us California folks would still get shafted by the emissions laws.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: DryBear

Interesting - can this be done with any car? I'm sure us California folks would still get shafted by the emissions laws.
not sure do they need to run smog on them...kinda like the older than 84s dont need smog testing. Either way the place Russ is talking about has a ton of RHD cars skylines and everything kinda cool but they take time to get what you want

Old 02-18-2006, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

not sure do they need to run smog on them...kinda like the older than 84s dont need smog testing. Either way the place Russ is talking about has a ton of RHD cars skylines and everything kinda cool but they take time to get what you want
Their latest aquisition is this Suburu STi that looks like a GC8 with two doors. They said only 250 of them were made, the whole body is made out of aluminum. It's badass. A few months ago they had a Skyline GT-S they were driving around in.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:37 PM

i say screw it and pick it up... It's nice to have a badass car and heartach than to have the same cars all the other guys have and have everything run smoothly.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Their latest aquisition is this Suburu STi that looks like a GC8 with two doors. They said only 250 of them were made, the whole body is made out of aluminum. It's badass. A few months ago they had a Skyline GT-S they were driving around in.
they had that 22B WRX a while back too those are crazy rare too. Id still love to pick up a supra but it would have to be one from US because they were faster at least stock vs stock (then again who leaves them stock anyway)