I was hoping to find some advice here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Default I was hoping to find some advice here...

Hello everybody, I am new here, I signed up as a member of this website because I am trying to find out how to do something...Back in 1989, I purchased a used Dodge Raider from a friend of mine. I don't really recall the exact model year, but my Dodge Raider was a short wheelbase model with a gasoline engine, a four cylinder, it was a three-door model and it had a manual transmission. Early on, I had some kind of an electrical problem with it, but once I found someone who was able to fix that I drove it until I had about 350,000 miles on it and it developed a serious engine problem that was going to be really expensive to fix. I ended up trading it in on a pontiac. As they say, hindsight is 20/20 and if I had it to do over again, I would have simply bought a rebuilt engine for it and I might still be driving it today. I would love to have a similar automobile today, but they no longer import the Montero into the U.S. and I have no idea if the SUV's that they currently sell are as tough and as rugged as my little Dodge Raider. I never see any of the three-door short wheelbase models anymore. Are the new Outlanders a modern day version of my Raider? And if not, what SUV (that is currently available) is the closest thing to what I used to have (in your opinion). I have even thought of trying to find one in Mexico and just drive it home, which is North Carolina) but I have had some people tell me that doing something like that is not legal and that I would not be able to register it here and buy tags for it. Thank you, in advance, for your reply.

Last edited by LarryC; 10-17-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: I needed to reword something to make it make sense.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:51 PM

my first advice, is find the key labelled "return" or "enter" on your keyboard.
second: comprehend the definition of "paragraph"
thirdly, combine your new found knowledge from steps 1 & 2 to post something a grumpy old ***** can be bothered reading, if you want any help.