I just have to ask...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Default I just have to ask...

OK I am in Chicago and it has been over 100 degrees here the last few days. So of course I had to turn on my A/C (something I rarely do).
My question is... Can I do something to my engine so that my car won't drive live a golf cart when I run my air. I have a 2004 Eclipse n/a IL4

Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned
Default RE: I just have to ask...

What do you mean. Are you trying to say that when your A/C is on you have no power?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:03 PM

LMAO!!!! Ha Ha Ha. Turn the air back off and roll down the windows. It seems after mine was charged and checked for leaks at the dealer it seemed to take less of a toll on the engine. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but I'm happy for the change, whatever it was. Sorry about your strain on the performance, there is still SOME drain on mine, but minimal at best.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM

I have power but, it is a huge diffrence. I usually just open the sunroof and windows but it has been too hot plus I work in a office so I wear slacks to work. (God how I miss scrubs)

So could there be something wrong with my A/C? It gets ice cold but, when I am on the E-way I have no passing power with air on. I could not pass an 1st gen Tiboron today.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

Wow... well i dont think that has to do with your A/C. You might want to check the condition of your plugs and wires because that could be sapping some hp if they are not functioning 100%. Also where you get your gas and what gas you use can make a big difference.

EDIT: Although your A/C might be contributing to the power loss i think there is more to it.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:51 PM

I will check but, the loss of power only comes when the air is on.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

sebba come one...you should know that when you use the AC it will take alot of power out of the car. Thats normal for the car to bog with it on and there isnt anything you can do about it

Old 08-02-2006, 12:47 PM

I just turn my air on the lowest setting and crack my windows just a little bit.. It seems cooler that way and doesn't kill all the power..

Old 08-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned

Yea obviously its normal to lose a little power but to not be able to pass another car is NOT normal. What im trying to say is that the A/C will drain power but there is something else that is contributing to it.

Either that or you need your A/C recharged and serviced.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 PM

yea, i agree it doesnt sound right, and the spark plugs do sound right to me, cuz i mean what else could be doing that, i guess when ur gunna race someone just turn ur air off

Quick Reply: I just have to ask...