Mitsubishi Motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Motors

chase, do you know what your engine code is, i belive yours is the 4g64 4 cyl., if so then you should be able to do a dohc swap, im not sure on the 3g models though.........

Old 02-24-2005, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 1398spdr

chase, do you know what your engine code is, i belive yours is the 4g64 4 cyl., if so then you should be able to do a dohc swap, im not sure on the 3g models though.........
Can't do it. That is the problem with the 3G. The 4G64 is turned 180 degress from the other 4G64's. Now if you want to do a EVO swap from a EVO 4 and up if I remember right that is another possablility.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:46 AM

[quote][/
ENTER SYMBOL(S)

Quote/NewsChartsProfileAdvisersAnalystsInsidersOptionsFi nancialsMessagesSEC Filing

Find symbol
Live quotes

Keyword search

M'bishi Motors may sell U.S. ops
By Carolyn Pritchard, MarketWatch
Last Update: 10:36 PM ET Feb. 17, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is quietly seeking a buyer for its U.S. operations, a move that may well signal the company's intent to exit the world's largest car market, according to a published report Friday.

Mitsubishi Motors' (JP:7211: news, chart, profile) (MMTOF: news, chart, profile) new president, Osamu Masuko, traveled to Detroit in January to begin talks with potential buyers during the North American International Auto Show, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. See Wall Street Journal story....

quote]

Old 02-25-2005, 09:09 PM

yea, i thought there was somethin with the 3g's, just couldnt remember what it was..............

Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Mitsubishi: Will keep U.S. auto plant
By MarketWatch
Last Update: 2:08 AM ET March 2, 2005
E-mail it | Print | Alert | Reprint | RSS

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Newly appointed Mitsubishi Motors President Osamu Masuko said the company has no plans to sell its plant in the United States or further trim its U.S. workforce, according to a report published Tuesday.

Mitsubishi Motors affirms U.S. commitment -report
Mitsubishi Motors rejects U.S. ops sale report
Mitsubishi Motors seeks buyer for U.S. ops -- report
More news for MMTOF

Masuko, appointed a month ago as president and chief operating officer, said production capacity at the plant in Normal, Ill. was reduced by about half last year to 125,000 to 130,000 vehicles a year to boost profitability, the Associated Press reported.

No further job cuts are planned in the United States, the AP quoted Masuko as telling a group of reporters at its headquarters in Tokyo.

Last year Mitsubishi Motors (MMTOF: news, chart, profile) (JP:7211: news, chart, profile) cut the plant's workers from about 1,900 to about 900, the AP reported, citing the automaker.

According to the report, the U.S. plant is operating at a pace of about 100,000 vehicles a year, but Masuko said he wants to boost that to full capacity soon, with the Eclipse going on sale in the United States in the summer.

"As a single market, North America is very important to us," the AP quotes Masuko as saying.

According to the report, Masuko denied the company had considered selling its U.S. operations or approaching potential buyers. Masuko also denied reports the company was thinking about seeking a new partner in the United States.

Masuko said the company will run the operations alone, although it will continue to work on projects with DaimlerChrysler AG, as it has in the past, the AP reported.

According to the report, Masuko said that this month Mitsubishi Motors will announce the results of an internal investigation on the recall scandal, including penalties for employees. He declined to elaborate, the AP reported.

Mitsubishi, recoiling from recall and defect scandals in Japan since last year, said in January that it will receive more than $5.2 billion in new financial aid to help the company return to profitability by March 2007

According to the report, since last year, Mitsubishi Motors has announced two massive cash bailouts from the Mitsubishi group of companies to go on with its revival plan after DaimlerChrysler decided to end additional funding and effectively quit its role as an alliance partner. For fiscal year ending March 31, the company has predicted a loss of 472 billion yen ($4.5 billion) on sales of 2.04 trillion yen ($19.3 billion).
Hmmmm... does this mean that the Daimeler Benz Germans are squeezing the Mitsu. Japanese out of Chrysler ? Like the DSM made Seibring and Stratus are going to disappear (?) putting Mitsu's Normal Ill. car plant virtually out of business unless Mitsu's new models like the 06' Eclipse and 06' pickup really take off (!) ?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:27 PM

mitsubishi isnt doing so good maybe it is time for them to accept defeat. thats my opinion but anyone would think differently when they drove my mit. 3000gt

Old 07-16-2005, 03:37 PM

[:-] sad....sad....

Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 AM

Eveyone should do as I am doing and only say good things about mitsubishi to everyone who talks to you about cars. I have convinced about 10 people who drive a Tacoma want to buy the new Raider and about 5 people who were planning to buy a 350Z to buy the new Eclipse. We all have to contribute if we want Mitsu to stay around I mean if Mitsu stops making cars then I am going to be depressed for a very,very,very,very long time. So anyone who reads this please take my advice and promote Mitsu with every chance you get. Tell them about the 4G63 and how great of an engine it is. And tell people how the Evo MR can beat an STi. Please everyone pitch in because I know all of you dont want Mitsu to stop selling cars as much as I do. So now that Daimerchysler split from Mitsubishi and left them to fend for themselves, we really have to do this. Remember PROMOTE,PROMOTE,PROMOTE I convinced people and so can you. If we all work together then we can save our favorite company.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Hey, what are the odds that a company started around correct me if im wrong in 1917 when the Mitsubishi Model A, Japan's first series-production automobile, was introduced. Would go belly up, i think they will be able to turn it around, or atleast hope they will