More Power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Default RE: More Power?

You guys have been alot of help. I am a Newbie and not ashamed to admit it alot of terms you guys use I had to look up. I have about $1300 to dump into this slow *** car and I am looking to you guys for options. I am not saying the GT was the fastest but, it was ok for me LOL so where do you think I should start with $1300 minus what I have to spend for tint. My wife with money for toys [:'(] BTW EMonz57, you were right it was my amp.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:03 PM

Dude those are some wicked-sweet vids. You actually made me want a 3G Eclipse, lol. I've only ever liked the 2G ones.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: NubianSithLord

You guys have been alot of help. I am a Newbie and not ashamed to admit it alot of terms you guys use I had to look up. I have about $1300 to dump into this slow *** car and I am looking to you guys for options. I am not saying the GT was the fastest but, it was ok for me LOL so where do you think I should start with $1300 minus what I have to spend for tint. My wife with money for toys [:'(] BTW EMonz57, you were right it was my amp.
What is your ultimate goal?

On any car, you can't go wrong with doing suspension. Start out with the ST Antisway bar (big help), firm front motor mount from Deyeme racing, springs & shocks (if your in a city where you can lower your car) for starters.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:22 PM

Ok I have not chatted with you I had a 2000 Eclispe GT that was stolen and insurance got me a 2003 GS so now I am in the slow one. I am not a racer I just like sports cars and I like Mitsubishi I tryed many others. I just want my car to have some power at least as fast stock V6. I am trying not to trade this car in only have 6notes left. But, this stock 4c feels like a go cart to me. I live in Chicago so we have bad streets car is low as I want it. I am investing around 1300 for starters is there anyuthing I can do to increase speed/power or do I have to save for turbo kit?

Old 02-08-2006, 05:31 PM

New exhaust system for anywhere from a few hundred to about $1100 will give you some minor gains. Aside from that, upgrading the pulleys for a few hundred are a good investment, or even the cam gears are helpful, for as much as $800 though. Aside from that, Iridium sparkplugs (at around $12 a piece) boost HP and acceleration slightly. Hotwire ignition wires increase the HP and torque about 5% and cost a couple of hundred. That should get you started.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:27 PM

Thanks I will look into 2morrow

Old 02-08-2006, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Silvertooth

New exhaust system for anywhere from a few hundred to about $1100 will give you some minor gains. Aside from that, upgrading the pulleys for a few hundred are a good investment, or even the cam gears are helpful, for as much as $800 though. Aside from that, Iridium sparkplugs (at around $12 a piece) boost HP and acceleration slightly. Hotwire ignition wires increase the HP and torque about 5% and cost a couple of hundred. That should get you started.
oh no man. pulleys & cam gears don't do jack on our cars, purely a waste of money.

I would imagine if your saving for a turbo kit, the basic kit we offer looks like it's coming into your current price range. That would be a nice kick in the pants. It's the first thing I'm doing if I get a Galant.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 PM

AEM Short Ram Intake Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4L 4CYL. RS / GS 2000-2004

In laymans terms tell me what this does

Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 PM

it lets the air flow better and get cooler air to the engine

Old 02-08-2006, 08:22 PM

So does that make the car faster

Quick Reply: More Power?