newbert...

Old 06-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Default newbert...

whats up everyone. Well i really dont know where to start so im going to give a quick recap of things. Basicly i have always loved cars but always was too intimidated to get into working with them. a buddy i work with has always been into cars, was at one time very high up in management at the ford company, and has the memory of god knows what. We are always talking about cars at work and since im eager to learn he never stops ecplaining things. to make a long story short he sees how many questions i ask and he knows i really want to learn about this stuff so he has offered to come work in my car with me for free just to satisfy his love for tinkering.

So i thought long and hard about what kind of car to get and i kind of decided on a Chevy cobalt SS. after looking at other 4 cylinder cars i stumbled opon some 2003 OZ lancers for half the cost of the cobalt and figuerd, hell, that leaves me with another 9000 i would have spend on just the SS to put under the hood of the lancer.

So thats how i ended up here.

So the question is. Is the lacer a decent car for a beginer tuner (under the supervision of someone who knows a thing or two) to start messing with?

The game plan was to get the OZ, and from what my buddy told me is the first thing thats good to do is mess with air flow. he said that i should put a new exaust on it, new air filter and let the car breath. while doing that ill be saving for a turbo for it which is looking like one made from RoadRace. so does this sound like a good plan for a beginer?

One thing to keep in mind is im very budget minded. i dont have tons of cash to blow as im 20, have a one month old baby, and any money im spending is money saved from after business is taken care of around the house. so basicly mommy and daddy arnt giving me unlimited amounts of cash to play with.

if anyone has anything they could add or a better direction to go, i would love to hear them. in the mean time, its off to surf the net so i can soak up as much as i can about lancer parts and such. thanks.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned
Default RE: newbert...

A much better direction to go would be an Eclipse GSX. They are all wheel drive... and believe me.. you dont want any more than 250 hp in a front wheel drive car.

You can pick up a GSX shell for 500 bucks... buy a race motor and race tranny for like 6k... and a turbo and tuning.. so for about 10k (if you do it yourself) and you have a 450hp monster.

Or you can buy an already modded GSX for 10k and have about 400-500hp.

But front wheel drive and performance.. DO NOT go together

Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 AM

im looking for a gsx there HARD to find

Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

No they are not. You just need to be willing to go the distance

Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 AM

yeah california lol i can find one there vegas no.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Take a plane there for like 200 bucks and drive back

Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 AM

lol cali like 3 hours away driving lol or i could just call a freind from there and have him pick one up for me lol

he has a nice gold widebody one

Old 06-05-2007, 11:12 AM

my eclipse i got was a 4 hour drive one way.....lol it took a whole day but now i got it but i took a trailer.

Search this Thread