Pimp my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Default RE: Pimp my ride!

ORIGINAL: Azazel
Cydric,
I really like the charcoal, as long as it's glossy. Silver and black is OK, black and black is too much, but charcoal/black is exactly what I wanted. Kind of like how a black shirt is what looks best with a charcoal suit. I think the tint will help a lot in bringing that out.
That's cool, dude. What ever you like. Every one has different tastes. My 2 favorite colors on 2g eclipse's are green and/or black, hence why I own a green 2g eclipse.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 AM

I have a green one I'm trying to sell right now. They're not bad.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Sorry i have to...

Do you know what time it is?

Time to.... UN-PIMP Sie Auto!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM

representin deutchland v-dub in de house lol

Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Banned

Body Kits =

Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 PM

dude i think you are all being unreasonable... if he just wants a couple power adders than we should be giving him advise on what he's wanting/needing, not shooting him down and telling him what to do. some people like body kits... i used to be one of those people, everybody has their own taste.
Azazel for power i'd go w/
CAI (i had an AEM CAI on my eclipse for 2 1/2 years and never had a water issue what so ever.)
Catback exhaust - Greddy EVO 2, Magnaflowand Apexi N1 are very nice, low, clean, quite exhausts.
Header
if you have the funds you can take a 4g63t DOHC head and replace your stock SOHC and you will see some power from that.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

dude i think you are all being unreasonable... if he just wants a couple power adders than we should be giving him advise on what he's wanting/needing, not shooting him down and telling him what to do. some people like body kits... i used to be one of those people, everybody has their own taste.
Azazel for power i'd go w/
CAI (i had an AEM CAI on my eclipse for 2 1/2 years and never had a water issue what so ever.)
Catback exhaust - Greddy EVO 2, Magnaflowand Apexi N1 are very nice, low, clean, quite exhausts.
Header
if you have the funds you can take a 4g63t DOHC head and replace your stock SOHC and you will see some power from that.
Thanks. So a CAI will give a better performance boost than a SRI?

The exhaust was something else I was wondering about. What areas will I see improvement in from that?

I don't know if I can replace the entire engine at this time, but the head may be possible...how much of a boost do you think I'd see?

Yeah, I do agree with these guys that most of the body kits are just dumb. I would like to do *something* to the exterior though outside of a window tint.

Thanks.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:35 PM

Personal Opinion. 2g eclipse. cf hood, cf front lip, cf hatch, tinted windows, lowered (1-1.5), tinted head lights, painted center light in exterior and done. the rest would be under the hood and interior.

yes you will see more improvement form a CAI but not much. if you are going to boost the car though there is no need to get a CAI b/c you will be selling it later on for less than you paid for it.

a decent header and catback exahust (2.5 is plenty for n/a) you will see 4-7whp on this car.

swapping the DOHC head onto the 2.4l block will give you more of a torque gain than a HP gain but you may see 10-15whp??? i'm not exactly sure b/c i don't personaly know anybody who has done it and if i do, i don't know what gains they made.

if you are looking for real power here's what you need.4g63t engine. you can get the turbo dohc head and just build the bottom end and have a stroker motor also... (which is personally what i'd do) and turbo it. but i dont know what kind of power you are looking for so i can't really help you further until i know that.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:19 PM

What do you think about ATK engines? In the near future I may be able to get one of their 4g63t, brand new, for about $1000.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:41 AM

i don't know who/what ATK is

Quick Reply: Pimp my ride!