Really high boost and no fuel cut...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned
Default Really high boost and no fuel cut...

Ok for some reason my car is running 19psi and taking it just fine... all the way to the redline. I have a 255 fuel pump without a FPR (previous owner is a d-bag) and thats all the fuel mods i have... no tune...

Anyone have an idea as to why that might be?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Really high boost and no fuel cut...

weather has something to do with it, when i was dialing in my MBC i could run 20psi without a cut

Old 09-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

NO fpr??? BAD idea you're gonna kill the injectors... But that's likely why no fuel cut. They're seeing MUCH more pressure than they should forcing more fuel out in the same amount of time that they would normally allow the right aamount out with... Yeah I just confused myself... Kinda like water... You open the garden hose valve just a little bit then when you go squeeze the trigger for say 10 seconds you oly get a little bit of water right? Now open the valve all the way squeeze for that same 10 seconds and you spray half way across the lawn... Make more sense now?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

NO fpr??? BAD idea you're gonna kill the injectors... But that's likely why no fuel cut. They're seeing MUCH more pressure than they should forcing more fuel out in the same amount of time that they would normally allow the right aamount out with... Yeah I just confused myself... Kinda like water... You open the garden hose valve just a little bit then when you go squeeze the trigger for say 10 seconds you oly get a little bit of water right? Now open the valve all the way squeeze for that same 10 seconds and you spray half way across the lawn... Make more sense now?
ya but fuel cut is cause by the duty of the injecors being maxed and at 19 PSI with higher pressure they had to be maxed. I wouldnt keep running 19 though and if your on a stock turbo that thing wont like it for long either