Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

anyone knows where can i get a new engine for my eclipse gs 97

Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Default anyone knows where can i get a new engine for my eclipse gs 97

for some reason when i was driving to work last week my oil filter fell off so i ****ed my whole engine... i dont know how that **** happened the mechanic told me someone might did it on purpose... but i need a new engine now.. im thinkin of gettin a turbo but they said i gota change a lot of crap....

Old 09-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: anyone knows where can i get a new engine for my eclipse gs 97

to do that engine swap it is alot of money. Alot of custom metal work to get the engine to work right. Youd basically have to buy a cheap turbo car because your gonna need eveything from it. So IMO dont do it. Its not worth it

Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 PM

so should i jus get a regular engine for my car?? u know where can i find it? coz my body n everything is still nice its jus that i need a new engine....

Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

i would look around at junk yards and as long as the block is good, i would buy it, then rebuild it, maybe even build it up if you have the money. Have it ready and if you want you could put a turbo on that engine. But it really is up to how much you want to spend

Old 09-26-2006, 02:58 AM

You could always go to a local mechanic shop and ask for a rebuilt engine with a warentee. Worse comes to worse, go look for a wrecked Eclipse GS, RS, Dodge Avenger, or Neon. If you do go the rout of rebuilding your enging, go ahead and get a turbo kit, and go aftermarket. Everything from the mitsubishi dealership is marked up super high. A new 420A is around $2,800. That is after you bring back your enging and get the core charge. Good luck in your decision though, I would like to hear how it turns out.