Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

EVO Inlet manifold with factory anti-lag actuator

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Default EVO Inlet manifold with factory anti-lag actuator

I aquired one of these recently. There is a spot on the head that is usually blanked off on the inlet side of the head by the intake manifold. When you remove the intake mani you will see that this spot that it has blanked off has a ****e load of exhaust gas built up where it was blanked off. The mani i have has an actuator that uses this port. The actuator has a hose at the top that you connect to your intake and the other end runs down to the port in the head that is usually blanked off by a standard manifold. From what i can gather this port runs through the head to the exhaust side some where after the valves. The actuator is activated by vacuum. To make it work you need to modify the ECU so when it detects vacuum it tells the ECU to retard timing or a ralliart ecu will prolly just do it as a standard feature maybe? WAM hello anti lag! This is not an after market part its genuine mitsu... its deffinatly of either EVO I, II or III. Its a very similar thing to what they did with the later evo's and being able to use antilag with almost factory setup. Just wondering what all your thoughts on it are as i've never seen this before.

Cheers,

Tim

PS Greeting from Australia

Old 11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Default RE: EVO Inlet manifold with factory anti-lag actuator

anyone...

do you guys know what en evo 1-3 is...?

Old 11-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Default RE: EVO Inlet manifold with factory anti-lag actuator

Sure do. What I don't know about is the "anti-lag" mechanism you speak of. What I do know is that the actuator that you speak of sounds like an external wastegate.
Could you perhaps post a picture of it or a link to pics of it?

I've got an EVO3 exhaust manifold and there is an actuator welded to it on the number one runner, there are aftermarket EVO3 manifolds that have a spot to "open" a blanked out area just off the number one runner and bolt on aftermarket wastegates. So, that's why I'm lost.