Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

flowmaster 40 with the 3.0 in a 3G?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Default flowmaster 40 with the 3.0 in a 3G?

i posted this on another forum too, but want all the opinions i can get. im thinking about getting a flowmaster 40 for my 2003 GTS 5-speed eclipse. im not a fan of the tuner mufflers, bc i just dont like the sound they make, or the look of them, but ive run the flowmasters on a few different vehicles. my jeeps, and a 98 Lexus GS400 that i had dual flowmaster 40 mufflers on it and, WOW, that car sounded great...

i know that car had the 4.0 V-8, and my eclipse has a 3.0, so it wont produce the low V-8 growl that the lexus did, but when i had them on my jeep with the straight six, i was amazed how much of a deeper tone it gave it. wasnt real loud, but could be noticed when i gave it just enough gas

i stopped buy a muffler shop today to price it, and they even suggested putting dual flow 40s under my car..but i think im just going to stick with the single, and then put a chrome tip on it

so does the flowmasters give the 3.0 a decent growl, as much as a growl you can get out of a V-6 anyways, or would i be wasting my money on the job?

thanx in advance