Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

how to make my Universal Muffler Louder

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Default how to make my Universal Muffler Louder

my girlfriend bought me an Universal Muffler (Fireball2) online for my baRfday present.
got it installed at Meineke's right after i got it.

but I got a Q.

my questions is that when I drive, I don't think my muffler is loud enough. you only can hear my muffler when you're next to my car...or when I drive for a long time then seems louder...
is there a way to make my muffler louder? (my car is stock)

Old 05-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Default RE: how to make my Universal Muffler Louder

Mh... being louder is just a vanal thing in my opinion, but if you really wanna be waking up people at minight, take off the catalytic converter, but also you wouldnt pass emissions haha, if you have a nice setup, piping, headers, chances is your muffler is loud enough just going on a very low wavelength, but overall... faster is better than louder more go less show

Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 AM

so i don't really needthecatalytic in my car, huh? since it can be removed and not damaging my car...yea?

Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 AM

Oops..... hahaha well "technically" you can live without it... but of course.... side effects as emissions and higher egt may arise

Old 05-03-2007, 02:54 AM

do you know where i can do it? and how much it'll cost to remove it...

is it legal to remove it anyway?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:07 AM

Like i said, you wont pass emissions if you remove it, so it is kinda illegal to not have it (at least for street driving) if you want loudness i recommend you getting some nice headers, and 2.5" tubing, that will make that muffler sound killer, itll give you perfomance and will be legal, in fact, i think borla had a mp3 clip page where you could hear the sound their mufflers make with tubing and proper headers, not only they sound loud and low, they dont sound like a damn fart can (side effect of the cat)

Old 05-03-2007, 04:25 AM

No dam fart can

Old 05-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 50ul }{4ck3r

No dam fart can
haha, agreed. But its too late now. I say what you should have done is had meineke custom make some 2.5" piping from the cat back. That will open it up a bit and be a bit louder. But i agree with what they are saying, louder imo isnt better. Just means more cops you have to deal with. And dont touch the cat. You need to have it. Also when you buy a new muffler its usually not as loud when you first get it. After sometime you it will break in and get alittle louder

Old 05-03-2007, 10:44 AM

This is on a Lancer ES? How loud is it youre expecting it to be? Itsa N/A 4 banger..

Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 PM

thanks fo' replying my Q. everyone.

i totally agree w/ everyone's answers here, i Do Not want a FART CAN back of my ride lol'...

Low...and loud would be nice...o' well...too late now since they already welded in...

i'm having mix feeling if i should just keep my Lancer or find a used240sx or impreza (hard to fnd)...

Quick Reply: how to make my Universal Muffler Louder