Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

need help, opinion!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Default need help, opinion!!

I have a 02 Lancer ES, with no modifications to the engine. Right now my exhaust system consists of 2.25 inch tubing from the catalytic converter (I removed the small muffler there) and it goes out into a 12 inch glasspack muffler. It sounds alright, it has a growl to it, but I want to know if it can be louder. I plan on getting a cold air intake and I know that will increase the engine sound, but I just want it as loud as all of these tuner cars I see. Of course, alot of these "tuner" cars have considerably more horsepower than I do, but some look like stock civics with just a sport muffler and they're louder than mine. I saw a Lancer ES the other day, Im assuming its pretty much stock cuz it still had the small wheels with hubcaps, but it had a sport muffler and seemed to be a tad louder than my car. All I really need is some good advice, expert opinion, anything. I can't add too much to my engine cuz my insurance is already high because of my tickets (I just got another one a week ago) so I just need loud with a basic stock engine. Any help would be appreciated, cuz my local muffler place I go to keeps telling me that what I have now is as loud as its gonna get. Thanks!
~John
Email: illvibe84@yahoo.com

Old 05-20-2006, 03:26 AM
Default RE: need help, opinion!!

get a full exhaust, intake, and try some bosch plugs thats what i got on mine and each one made it louder, but i have a 00 mirage but it should work on ur car.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Default RE: need help, opinion!!

ORIGINAL: 00Mirage

get a full exhaust, intake, and try some bosch plugs thats what i got on mine and each one made it louder, but i have a 00 mirage but it should work on ur car.

I agree a full exhaust and intake will help increase the sound, but how do spark plugs?