Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New intake!!!

looks nice. Hey as long as it works. It looks exactly the same as the injen one i had on my car. I would just buy a new filter. If its really that dirty then it probably wont perform as well after the cleaning. But when i cleaned mine i just did a quick sink job on it.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:39 PM

when you put in the new filter witht the new intake did you get more turbo lag? Plus with K&N filters you can't just do a quick wash in the sink. There's a whole process that you must follow or you'll **** stuff up.

http://www.knfilters.com/clningins.htm

Old 03-01-2006, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

when you put in the new filter witht the new intake did you get more turbo lag? Plus with K&N filters you can't just do a quick wash in the sink. There's a whole process that you must follow or you'll **** stuff up.

http://www.knfilters.com/clningins.htm
I think that is the pitch line so you buy there "recharge kit" I alway scrub mine in a sink and a brush and it has always cleaned it pretty well considering I didnt spen any money

Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 PM

i was talking to a guy at the local kraigen who said that one needs to oil the filter correctly or it wont catch dirt. he f'ed up his sensors cause he used to wash his own filter with a hose

Old 03-01-2006, 09:11 PM

i was talking to a guy at the local kraigen who said that one needs to oil the filter correctly or it wont catch dirt. he f'ed up his sensors cause he used to wash his own filter with a hose
ya they are oiled from the box but like I said I havent had any trouble I have been doing it for years now. BUT on my EVO IU just buy new filters because I like the NEW look

Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM

So what you're saying is that I can take my K&N filter I've got right here, put it in the sink, wash it, and I wont have any problems??

Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM

So what you're saying is that I can take my K&N filter I've got right here, put it in the sink, wash it, and I wont have any problems??
I never have... I have washed my old filters maybe 10x in the sink and never had a problem at all. Now that I guess isnt proper practice but im not gonna lie I have done a ton of times soo who knows

Old 03-01-2006, 09:31 PM

they guy was talking like he screw up his sensors. so that's probably cuase he had a N/A car. I guess it's not gonna hurt much cause the filter's just going to the turbo

Old 03-01-2006, 09:43 PM

they guy was talking like he screw up his sensors. so that's probably cuase he had a N/A car. I guess it's not gonna hurt much cause the filter's just going to the turbo
well I had mine on my GS to begin with for like 50K no problems with that atleast just everything else broke lol

Old 03-02-2006, 10:51 AM

You should just buy the new Dry tech Air Filter from AEM. It's a filter with no oil in it and it's just as good or better than most of the filters on the market and never has to be oiled.

Quick Reply: New intake!!!