Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Stock turbo on 97 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Default Stock turbo on 97 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

I was just wondering if there was any way to increase the amount of boost that I get out of the stock turbo on my Eclipse and if there is, would I be able to do it myself or would I have to take it to a shop?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Stock turbo on 97 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

Wow this is as basic a question there is. Now i would usually say in this case "do a search". But since our search function is not working i will just answer the question.

What you want is a Manual BoostController (MBC). And then in order to figure out what the boost is that you are setting it to you will need a Boost guage. There is plenty of info on both of these things just from a simple search on google.

Here a link to an install of a MBC on a 2g
http://www.belitski.com/vfaqhallman.html

a couple types of MBC's to look into is Hallman, JoeP MBC, turboxs, and even ebay has some "decent" ones. Now the install above does tell you kinda a stupid place to install the tap. I would never go off the BOV. I would just go from the turbo to the wastegate. (if your a bit lost in my description right now then please jsut do some research about a turbo system and how a MBC works before you start into this)

Now your next question will be "how much boost can i run". And just to give you a quick answer...15 psi on a stock engine.