Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Turbo-sounding Intake

Old 03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Default Turbo-sounding Intake

Hey guys, I was wondering how you make a turbo-sounding intake. My friend has a intake on his Acura Integra Ls that makes it sound like it has a turbo, he said that he made it himself. He said it is an intake that has a breather in it and that makes it blow off when he shifts. I was wondering if anybody has made a custom intake for their mitsubishi eclipse so it sounded like a turbo or is their directions for it. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turbo-sounding Intake

Never heard of anything like that...

Old 03-20-2006, 06:50 PM

Ya I dont think that is right... I know intakes can whistle and sound almost liek a turbo I guess but not like A BOV

Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly... I'm guessing he also had some electronic dohickey hooked up to the throtle or ECU or something that sensed when he let off the gas and make the BOV noise lol...

Old 04-01-2006, 06:49 PM

I saw on Ebay a thing that bolts onto your muffler and is supposed to make a turbo sound.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fake-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 04-02-2006, 12:06 AM

Why would you want your car to sound like it has Turbo but doesn't? Just my opinion...kinda like a non functional cowl induction hood. I'm not criticizing you, just asking why you would want that. I know this site is all personal preferences showing through on everyones cars and I respect that.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:44 PM

Well, I have a nice eclipse and I love my car. I don't have enough money yet til this job i am doing goes in full effect. My boys at MTS work all on Eclipse's and Talons, they told me that they would get me a greddy stage II turbo with installation plus transmission swap to manual for a grand. I think that is pretty good, also, they said for another $1000, they would make my eclipse 4 wheel drive with drum to disc brakes swap, plus give me a tuner piggyback chip. I think that is a pretty good for what they are asking. I can't wait till I start working full time again, and I will be able to make that money i would say in about 2 months if i don't spend heavy on anything.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

holy crap 2 grand for all that. I really dont know if i would trust that.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragonslayer

Hey guys, I was wondering how you make a turbo-sounding intake. My friend has a intake on his Acura Integra Ls that makes it sound like it has a turbo, he said that he made it himself. He said it is an intake that has a breather in it and that makes it blow off when he shifts. I was wondering if anybody has made a custom intake for their mitsubishi eclipse so it sounded like a turbo or is their directions for it. Thanks.

All u have to do is instead of the vacume line from the intake to the engine head, all u have to do is buy two breathers and hook them up one to the intake and one to the engine head. That's what ur friend must have done.

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

Why would you want your car to sound like it has Turbo but doesn't? Just my opinion...kinda like a non functional cowl induction hood. I'm not criticizing you, just asking why you would want that. I know this site is all personal preferences showing through on everyones cars and I respect that.

Only guys that love the whole fart can mufflers and stuff like that would like stuff like that.

ORIGINAL: Dragonslayer

Well, I have a nice eclipse and I love my car. I don't have enough money yet til this job i am doing goes in full effect. My boys at MTS work all on Eclipse's and Talons, they told me that they would get me a greddy stage II turbo with installation plus transmission swap to manual for a grand. I think that is pretty good, also, they said for another $1000, they would make my eclipse 4 wheel drive with drum to disc brakes swap, plus give me a tuner piggyback chip. I think that is a pretty good for what they are asking. I can't wait till I start working full time again, and I will be able to make that money i would say in about 2 months if i don't spend heavy on anything.
TheEngineer is right 2Gs for that is way cheap for extensive work like that, It should be close to 10G for that kind of work.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:15 PM

Hondas inatakes tend to sound like a turbo for somereason... I know my roomates always has on all the cars he's had

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo-sounding Intake