Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What is this intake??? And removing silencer?

Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Default What is this intake??? And removing silencer?

I got my exhaust.How do I get that end cap off to remove the packing? I took the bolt out but the cap thing wont budge and i can see they had to pound it in their cause i see marks on it. How am I soposed to get that end cap off? I have no cat. Would it sound better to just keep the packing in it?

And I found this weard intake on ebay. Wtf does it do?

Old 11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: What is this intake??? And removing silencer?

its an intake mainfold(from intake into engine)........maybe you should concentrate more on learning engine parts than body craps and park benches

Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM

Does it do any good

Old 11-16-2007, 06:03 PM

works alot better at gettin air into the engine than a stock one does....so yes it should have improvment

Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 5star

I got my exhaust.How do I get that end cap off to remove the packing? I took the bolt out but the cap thing wont budge and i can see they had to pound it in their cause i see marks on it. How am I soposed to get that end cap off? I have no cat. Would it sound better to just keep the packing in it?

And I found this weard intake on ebay. Wtf does it do?
No offence but you deffenatly need to do alot of research. Im under the impression you are young and new to cars, which is good we all start at some point. I think you need to watch the video we have on here on how motors work/ are built. because if you dont know what an intake manifold is or does there is some learning to be done

Old 11-17-2007, 12:18 PM

Im not new to motors I built a full blown race motor and have been researcing motors for about 5 years almost every day 1-8 hours. Had it 14:1 compression running on race gas.I just never took a close look of the intake mainfold on my car so it looked a little odd the blond I added in my hair must be messin with me.
But about the silencer. I removed that metal piece which they "call" the silencer. But what if I removed the real silencer aka the packing in the exhaust? My car has a full race exhaust headers and cat back and a test pipe no cat. Has a resinator built in which is nothing more than a 2nd muffler. If I was to remove the packing what would it sound like? I did it to my race quad before and it sounded meen as hell

Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 PM
AMM

its hard to believe what u said above when u dont even know what an intake manifold for a 4 cylinder looks like.

mike

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

[align=left]Im not new to motors I built a full blown race motor and have been researcing motors for about 5 years almost every day 1-8 hours. Had it 14:1 compression running on race gas.I just never took a close look of the intake mainfold on my car so it looked a little odd the blond I added in my hair must be messin with me. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]But about the silencer. I removed that metal piece which they "call" the silencer. But what if I removed the real silencer aka the packing in the exhaust? My car has a full race exhaust headers and cat back and a test pipe no cat. Has a resinator built in which is nothing more than a 2nd muffler. If I was to remove the packing what would it sound like? I did it to my race quad before and it sounded meen as hell[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
I dont belive this lol. Look if you have ever built a motor at all you know what a freaking intake manifold it. Ever single car has one and they all look damn near the same. Just depends on if its a I, H, or V platform but generally still all look the same with the exceptions that the H and V have runners that go 2 directions. and quads and bikes are not the same... most people can prob figure those out.

The exhaust thing. I would strongly advise against trying o make your car loud cause it will sound bad, and honda like

Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Think thats bad? https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_188487/tm.htm

Old 11-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

[align=left]Im not new to motors I built a full blown race motor and have been researcing motors for about 5 years almost every day 1-8 hours. Had it 14:1 compression running on race gas.I just never took a close look of the intake mainfold on my car so it looked a little odd the blond I added in my hair must be messin with me. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]But about the silencer. I removed that metal piece which they "call" the silencer. But what if I removed the real silencer aka the packing in the exhaust? My car has a full race exhaust headers and cat back and a test pipe no cat. Has a resinator built in which is nothing more than a 2nd muffler. If I was to remove the packing what would it sound like? I did it to my race quad before and it sounded meen as hell[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
I like that a full blown race motor, so I guess he is new to engines.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is this intake??? And removing silencer?