Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Will my car still sound the same?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Will my car still sound the same?

Wow, you folks kind of have me scared to even ask a question. But, that is what the site is for.

Ok, son was stopped last night by local police. Car (97 RS) came with blue neon's inside and under and has non-factory can on the back. (don't have a clue to the brand, but it sounds a hell of a lot nicer than any of the clips in this post). Nice sound on start-up, not loud but deep. Does not start to get loud until you get up above about 2500 RPM.

So son does not listen to old man and runs the main drag with the neon's on. Yea, like a big neon sign that says PULL ME OVER. Officer is nice enough to only give him a fix-it ticket. Gets him for having the neon's on (not legal in our state while driving), for having Blue lights (can;t even install them in your car in our state as they are what the police use) and amplified muffler. No biggie on the lights, I can remove them and set it so he can reinstall if he wants to go to a parking lot.

Question is, does anyone have a suggestion for a silencer I could add into the exhaust to decrease the volume of the exhaust? From what I can tell, exhaust system is an add on type system. Appears to be a full stainless steel system from the headers back. Appears to have a stock cat converter from what I have seen on other eclipses. Would rather not have to remove the rear can and replace it with a stock muffler, the car is not a serious contender (420a so that says it all), just a nice looker young man's first car.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Remove the lights, and get a stock 'looking' exhaust : ) Works every time.

Dont be scared, if your not a 17 year old that owns a ricer GS and a 15 grand quad.... and what ever else this moron said. You have to keep in mind he also said he didnt want a GSX because this was going to be his DD and he didnt want to spend the money on it. So he then buys a bodykit, a retarded wing, cheapo rims, and then says he wants to put high compression pistons in because he wants it to sound better.... douche.

See why that would annoy someone? : )

So if your name isnt 5star, you should have no fear.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM

My 1999Miragehad Vibrant performance muffler with Silencerbut my short ram is loud so the silencer on the muffler didn't doanything because my car was still loud.

I am still scratching my head about headlights that are blue. Because majority of Newer cars Now has Blue or White lights. So, If I am driving a 2008 Lexus,BMW or Evo Lancer and their lights are blue or white I will get pulll over by a State Trooper in your State.

The law in Massachusetts is that you can have Performance muffler has long it has A Silencer or it is not very Loud.

Don't be afraid as long your kid isnot street racing and purposely making the car louder.
You are good to go.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Banned

Those silencers look RETARDED. It has a fart can rim with a tiny little exit hole.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM

I saw 5star You tube videoit DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A RICER it sounded like a broken tail pipe

a true ricer sound vroooom not craccckkk. Probably he changed the muffler but didn't change the rusted center pipe. I don;t understand the arguement that puttinga mufflerwill make your car faster or anintake. it will cost you from $5,000 to $10,000 to make your car faster.

I have a Fujita SRI and Vibrant muffler Because I like the sound of it not because I want my car to bea Ricer. it is already a ricer because it is Japanese. if they call it Rice Rocket that would be different story

Old 12-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

The d-bag is banned, who really gives a **** anymore? Let this thread die.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 AM

I dont want to have a 500 ticket if a police or a State hear me from a mile away.

Remember I live in Massachusetts our Emission Law is just like California very very strict and there is no tint allowed on the driver and passenger side of the car only in the back and the tint should be light not very dark

They invented those Silencer because when a Real Race Car driver who uses his daiy car for racing need to suppress the loud sound when he is not racing.

People in Florida use Silencer and they don't have emission law they can even put one waymirror on their carsbecause there are no laws for those kind of tintwhenI see them on the Highways in Jacksonville and Daytona

believe me or not I dont care

Old 12-21-2007, 11:19 AM

okay that a hole is gone funny how emonz got so pissy....5star

Old 12-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

Who gives a ****? HE IS BANNED.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:59 PM

Checked my son's and it does not have a silencer, so we have ordered it just so we can get through the darned fix it ticket. I agree that they look funny, but it should get the car passed.

As for the blue headlights, that is an interesting question. Don't know the answer. Would assume as long as they are more white/blue you would be ok, police in Wisconsin use blue and red for emergency lights. Can;t have blueeven installed in your car.You can have red lights if you are part of a vol fire department.

Quick Reply: Will my car still sound the same?