Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Turn Signal Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:55 AM
Default Turn Signal Help Please

Hey, ever since i bought my Eclipse GST my turn signals are weird. My left one goes slow while my right one is double the speed?

I made a small movie of what I mean.

http://media.putfile.com/My-Turn-Signals

I would like to make both the signals the same speed. would rather the slower of the two. Anyone can help?
thanks!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turn Signal Help Please

This is an easy one. Turn your faster turn signal on now step outside the vehicle and go to that side. Look at the front and teh back blinkers. Is one out? Replace that bulb it should fix the problem. Most of the cars nowadays use a faster blink rate to inform you that there is a blown bulb. Keep that in mind next time you have this problem

Old 02-15-2006, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

This is an easy one. Turn your faster turn signal on now step outside the vehicle and go to that side. Look at the front and teh back blinkers. Is one out? Replace that bulb it should fix the problem. Most of the cars nowadays use a faster blink rate to inform you that there is a blown bulb. Keep that in mind next time you have this problem
well ****, tonight I'll go out and check it out. If that's not in I'm comming for you haha j/k

Old 02-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

LOL well it's either that or your blinker relay and if both sides aren't doing it that counts the relay out. Let me know if that fixes it though.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:49 PM

uh oh....

I turned on the turn signals and every bulb that I can see is working. But its weird. on the back the slower signal flashes both blubs at the same time (I can see two bulbs flashing) and the right side the bulbs flash at different times. it's hard to explain w/o visuals, sorry.

but that's what i can see. [&:]

Old 02-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Did you replace any bulbs recently? Sounds like one might be backwards? Also try turning on your running lights some cars actually blink faster if there is ANY problem with one of the blinker bulbs (Remember the running lights are also part of the blinker as a dual filament bulb on some cars).

Old 02-17-2006, 06:32 AM

hmm, OK, I'll check that out tomorrow. I'll see if I swap the bulbs maybe they'll start blinking at the same time
[sm=signs003.gif] to me. haha. I'll figure this out. though if it takes a while, it wont kill me.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Something else I JUST thought of... Does it only happenafter a rain or after it's moist outside? There may be moisture seeping into the lights letting them short enough ot cause that to happen (My sentra does it cuz of an accident). Check your gaskets on the light sockets on the side that blinks fast.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Poot did you get it fixed or what man?? C'mon I'm dyin ta know what the problem was...

Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 PM

hey man, i've been busy as fudge with school.
But I'll go check i out right after I finish my dinner. cool beans?
haha, hold yer horses.

I'll report back to you asap.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Help Please