Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

2001 Eclipse GT Wiring Prob

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Default 2001 Eclipse GT Wiring Prob

I just recently installed a Panasonic stereo in my eclipse. The thing is I just bought the car and the face plate of the last stereo was "stolen." I go to install the new stereo and see the wires from the stock stereo are too short to do anything with so I decide it would be easiest to remove the old harness and re-wire everything from there... Good idea? As soon as I removed all the wires my clock turns off, my door locks have no power and my interior lights turn off, I have no accessories. I test the 15v wire - no power, i test the accessory/memory wire and theres 12v. I'm guessing that something happened to the wiring and whoever "lost" the faceplate to the past deck knew there was something wrong and just wired the accessory wire and the 15v together to fix any problems. My question is what would be the problem?

Current problems:
-No memory whatsoever - the clock is on only when theres full key power, same with the stereo
-The car dies fairly too often at a stop
-The car alarm and keyless entry won't work

I've checked:
-The fuses - nothing is blown
Havn't had too much time to check anything else, the alternator seems to be working fine, and everything before the radio swap was working great. As soon as I put the stereo inI went to start the car, the car idled up high then just dropped dead - the stereo worked lol.