Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

Halo Headlight Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Angry Halo Headlight Issues

I have a 98 Eclipse GS. It's got aftermarket Halo Projector headlights installed. My issue is the moron who installed them has mystified me with his installation idea. Somehow he's managed to really mess it up.

Here's what I'm looking at and trying to figure out how to fix:

There is a switch on the dash which in addition to the stalk switch both needed to be on to get the lights on.

Two separate wires run into two separate fuses in the fuse box.

One, which seems to come from the switch, runs to the 12v fuse for the headlights themselves. This wire is then stripped and the copper spread across the plug with the fuse slammed down over stop.

The second one, which comes directly off the driver side headlight, runs into the 12v fuse for the tail light assembly. This wire has fallen out and I now no longer can get my driver side headlight to light up, though when i get that wire put back in my halos seem to light up as do my turn signals, and they won't turn off even WITH the switch and stalk turned to the "off" position.

Anyone who knows more about wiring have ANY idea what this guy was doing, and how to redo it CORRECTLY? I can get pictures if it would help?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM

do you have pictures?

he should have splice everything into the stock harness for the best outcome. I am not familiar with the eclipse wiring yet, but am willing to help. the halos are usually wired to the parking lamp wire. or blinkers, depending on what you want it to do.

I helped wire in my friends aftermarket headlights in his 2010 camaro, and have dome MANY wiring jobs with Subaru's....cant be much different. If you can post a pic of:

the stock harness
the aftermarket connections needed
the housings, and any other wires.

just realized this i an old post, so ... did you fix this?