Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

Loosing my bolts (Alarm)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Question Loosing my bolts (Alarm)

i have a 97 eclipse gsx with an aftermarket avital alarm system. the keyless entry remote is no longer communicating with the car. the data port is nolonger reading. the vallet switch seems to not be responding. the old button was damaged so i replaced it with a pull type switch basically like a toggle switch. the alarm keeps going off. i programmed radio code. radio turns on but speakers arnt working. the windows arnt working, the car is basically in shut down mode and my switch isnt turning it off. i was getting it checked for emissions this guy hooked up a really big box to the data port and thats when it started. they want 200 to take out alarm. i dont wana take it out because i plan on selling the car. i was hoping someone can help me either program the remote to the car so that i can turn off the alarm with the door lock button or if someone can tell me how to deactivate the alarm or if i need to reset the ecu.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:44 PM

The power failure was a blown fuse
the 100 fuse was blown after i replaced stero windows locks turned back on.
i went down and got the keyless remote reprogrammed to the car. now my alarm issues are solved. minus 40 bucks to program it, but hey im helping to create jobs lol