Internal Lounge Chat about beefing up your insides here.

96 spyder gs

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Default 96 spyder gs

hey everybody. my father and i have recently bought a 96 spyder gs. the guy that we bought it from said it was fine but we still had to put in wrench time. now we are fine with that, its a nice project that we could spend time to fix up. lets go to problem that we had encountered. we bought it, started to drive it home. once we got to the highway my dad was bringing it up to speed. after a minute or two i just see a white cloud of smoke coming from the engine compartment. dad pulls it over we check the engine but we couldnt see anything because it was night when this happened. the only thing i notice was the smell. dad says it might be the water pump. but i would like to read from what you guys think the problem would be. o and another thing. i think there might be minor frame damage in the rear. the reason i say that is because the right side of the trunk where the hinge is lifted a little bit, but the other side is flush. also if you put your hand in the wheel weld all three have the same spacing except for one. and thats the left rear wheel weld, its about an inch shorter then the right side. so yea what do you guys think about the engine and the frame?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:06 PM

post under the correct forum "Mitsubishi 2nd generation eclipse" and the white smoke, sounds like a bad head gasket to me, or something worse but hopefully its just a head gasket, congrats on your buy btw.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:36 PM

thank you