Internal Lounge Chat about beefing up your insides here.

higher rev's

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Default higher rev's

okay so i have been reading up and i want to be able to rev my gst higher without hurting my engine. it looks like a stroker kit is not needed. i dont get what would be the best. built pistons some nice rods new bearings head studs.what am i missing guys i would like to rev to maybe 8k or higher if possible. what do you guys think i tried searching and didnt really come up with anything useful

Old 04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Default RE: higher rev's

well for one you'd have to build up the head with cams, lifters, springs retainers, maybe some bronze valve gods, oversized valves... any why not buy a stroker kit? it's not necessarily needed, but you'll be able to get up to those high rpm's faster... and why do you wanna be able to rev up ur engine so hard? it's not really needed unless you have a real big turbo

Old 04-21-2008, 01:44 PM

well i just dont like the feeling i get when im up in the higer rpm range. i would just like to be above 7k-8k once in a while. ya a stroker kit would help get there faster which would help rev higher faster your right. i was just wondering what all i would need to rev higher. and not blow the motor. what would be the safe limit for rpms on the gst? i havent done anything internal or fuel wise.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Well if your gonna rev that high you might want to look into getting a built trans too, a stock dsm transwont last long past 7500 rpm and up.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:55 PM

oh well thats good to know. i thought i have seen woodys 1g rev pretty high. i didnt know the trans would fail. i didnt think i would have to worry about that. so on stock motor highest you want to go is probably 7k.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:58 AM

Just so you know if you want to rev high you dont want a strked motor. Strokers can rev LESS up top conpaired to a 2.0l in order to do 8k revs on your stock motor you NEED to build up the head as stated above me , add arp head studs and main studs and youll be able to rev to that on the stock car im sure. I cant say how long though lol

Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 AM

ya the motor was just rebuilt about 10k mi ago and i have been taking good care of it. i dont want any trouble its my only ride for me and my gf. and i thought i read that the stoker would worse up in the high rpms. right now its my dd but soon when she gets a car we can drive and get way better gas mileage i will be able to mod my gst more. i cant wait. i have learned so much from this thing its amazing.i do love my dsm

Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 PM

also get everything very balanced helps the knock from happening. also more HP gets your rmps high it will overcome your inerta (spell check) momentom. more TQ wouldnthurt either. and two thumbs up to not strokin it. if you stroke you will get more TQ but you cant high as high due to longer rod length wont rise and drop as fast. the reason it revs quicker is the torque only revs quicker in the lower gears when your launching. also you dont wanna stroke a FWD theres a reason its 2.0 and most hondas are less then 2 you'll have no traction with that kind of TQ