Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

94 3000 gt help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:44 AM
Default 94 3000 gt help

year: 1994
make: Mitsuibuishi
model: 3000 GT
mileage:174,000 original
trans type: Manual
recent maintenance:????
recent modifications:????
other modifications:???

Hey guys excuse my "NOOB" questions...but I need help with quite a few things...

I just picked up a 1994 3000 Gt on a trade.. and ive always wanted one of these cars.. ever since I saw one...

I got the car from a young Kid who didn't respect or appreciate the car much... and he had stuff done to it by people that didn't know much about what they were doing and its just honestly ragged out..

I don't know much about the history of the car.. I do know that supposidly the motor in the car only has 90k original miles, and the tranny only around 50k..
but it def could use a lil tlc.. It is in driveable condition right now with not real major problems that I see... it is missing a few parts such as the hood struts, 2 bolts on the manifold... a few interior bolts, the sun roof got busted, and some of the latches and interior parts are missing....

A few problems that the car has that I would like to fix asside form the missing pieces is....

The battery light stays on all the time.. but the car seems to start up no problem..

The steering wheel has a bad vibration in it..
the whole car vibrates ..
the motor sounds solid and doesn't make any ticks
but when it is put in to gear the tranny makes a very slight ticking noise (or at least that is what it sounds like its coming from)...

The suspension seems wore out...

the car idle is fine when sitting still with clutch disengaged.. but while the car is rolling idle goes from 1k and drops, and shoots up to 1k and drops and keeps doing it until I come to a stop or I start driving the car... someone suggested its the egr valve that is bad.. but im not sure if thats it..

and i really don't want to start replacing parts that don't need to be replaced....

I guess any suggestions or advice would be helpful.. I have tried to be as detalied as I can.. although I know that without you guys seeing the car that you can't answer a lot of these questions..

It also seems like at times that the steering is too stiff.. and its almost impossible to go at a slow speed in first gear... cause the gas pedal is super stiff... and there is no barley pushing it in...

I don't know if that is normal for these cars or not..

I need help locating a service manual so when i do start working on it I will know what im looking at and how to do it properly...

I just want to get the car to a point that I know it is a good mechanical running car before I go sinking money into making the interior, exterior look better.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Default RE: 94 3000 gt help

Welcome to Mitsubishi forum.

Locating a service manual= I got a service manual on disk from ebay for cheap.

The steering wheel has a bad vibration in it..
the whole car vibrates .. ==These problems are usually from the tires, suspension and alignment

parts= Unless you have a hook up at mitsubishi junk yard ebay is the next best thing. The majority of needed parts on my 3000gt came from you guessed it ebay.

Well that is what I could help you with hopefully the other forum members can help you with the rest.