Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

aftermarket headunit help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Default aftermarket headunit help

hi im new to these forums but i have some questions and would appreciate some help

1st. off i have a '95 3000gt base and i tried installing a new headunit on it.
i did some stupid mistakes which costed me some big problems. 1. i did not disconnect the negative charge on my battery before installing. 2. i took out the old stock headunit about 3 days in advance before actually attempting to install the aftermarket headunit. now my car has no batteries. i've tried to jump start it but the alarm keeps going off each time i connect the jumper cables to the car. However, despite that, i can get power to my car and everything seems to be working except the ignition. i cant seem to start it, i hear the clicking but no luck. im not sure what to do at this point, is it a broken fuse? do i have to enter a security code? ( if i do, do i do it through the stock headunit or aftermarket since nothing is installed as of this point) please help me with any of your suggestions

Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Default RE: aftermarket headunit help

Take your battery off and go get it tested. Although it has enough juice to start the alarm, it may not have enough to start the car. If the battery is ok, then it might be your alternator. When you connect the battery or jumper cables back up, all you have to do is hit the keyfab to shut off the alarm. I've had this problem when my alternator just quit one day. I ended up buying a new battery and a new alternator, total cost about $340. It may be something altogether different, but I would still go get the battery checked then the alt at least.