Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Anyone Like Their 3kGT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Default Anyone Like Their 3kGT?

If not, I'm going with a Honda (had one before, had over 350k miles, in 10 years, before the transmission started to go... it was cheaper to buy the newer Eclipse, than to replace the transmission, bad move on my part), or something more reliable. I came to this forum, hoping to find out more about the 3000GT, and it's reliability... I'm disappointed, just as I have been with my Eclipse. It is a nice-looking vehicle, though... but I guess that's it's only redeeming quality???

Old 06-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Default RE: Anyone Like Their 3kGT?

Huh, I guess I am following you around. I love my Stealth. It has been a great car. The question you have to ask yourself, is what you want the car for, daily driver, street racing, track racing??? If you get any car and run the hell out of it you will have problems with things breaking, it is inevitable. If you just want a good looking daily machine that is not the fastest car on the block a dohc or sohc 3s is a good car to have. As long as some care has been taken of the car, it should last you a good long time. Don't be mistaken though, the cars are getting older and do have their share of gremlins. I know of people that have in excess of 200k and have not had any major mechanical failures.

Like I said, I love my 3s, I've owned for 4 years and 40k miles with no problems what-so-ever. I have replaced brakes, and wheel bearing and the scheduled 60k and 120k items (t-belt, water pump, belt tensioners, acc. belts and hoses) but all cars need these items at some point just from use.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:49 PM

I'm just a mom refusing to do the mini-van thing. I just need it to get my kids to school, and to do the shopping (I have a nearly teenaged daughter, so I want something she won't be embarassed by), ... but I need something fairly reliable (so my AAAPlus roadside/towing membership won't get maxed out).

Old 06-17-2004, 01:57 PM

Thats the cool mom... The 3kgt isnt a bad car. a few of them just had problems that made the entire group look bad. A couple of my friends have 3kgts and stealths... they love them... but they keep up on maintenance within 100 miles of when things are due, and all is well.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:00 PM

Well, kids as in plural, will not fit in a 3kgt. Unless you all are 5' or less they are not fitting in the backseat. The backseat is basically worthless and just there for the small insurance break.

I had a minivan for a few years and I loved it. It was not cool, but it was great to travel in without drawing attn. My wife and I have no kids, so we took out the backseats and made a 2 seater out of it

The twin turbo models are not near as reliable as the NA versions, usually because they have been driven like they should, hard.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:14 PM

Well, I am nearly 5'11... but, no worries, I'd be driving (I've never let anyone else drive my vehicles), my eldest in the passenger seat. The younger two don't need much room (they fit in my Eclpse, with room to spare), as they haven't even started school yet... and by the time they outgrow it, I'd probably need something else (and keep it for a second car for my eldest) anyway. Besides, having too much room, people mistake you for a taxi service... when I had the mini-van, I'd never get to have fun, because my ex-husband was always volunteering me to do the driving.