Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Driving without knowing how fast i go

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Default Driving without knowing how fast i go

i had a new engine rebuild just recently First my odometer worked sometimes at certain speeds and then it would stop and go on.(the needle that tells howfast you go) then when i was driving one timemy windows couldnt roll up and my oil pressure,signals, temperature, and battery signals were all not working. also i couldnt see how fast i was going either.I have been drivingwithoutknowing how fast i go for awhile nowbecause i took that badpart outof the car.(the part that you cant tell how fast your going)I dont know what the name of it is. I think it might be called a Speed Sensor? the way i foundthe part is because i took a wire tester- (looks like a screwdriver that lights up when you test on wires or on a fuses orfusebox) and i had my keys in start but i didnt turn the engine on and held the wire tester to a certain wire (I think itstheOdometer wire or signal wire).And it smoked alot up fronton the passengar side of my engineand my signals workeda so ilooked where it camefrom and i stoped holding the wire tester to thewire or else i would of smelled alot of nasty chemical smoke from the bad part took the It has a mitsubishi sticker on it with the words DENSO and a long 20 digit number code. It is located on the passenger side of the engine (the only wire down there) right next to the front of the engine. Can anyone tell me the part of this so i can call a junkyard up??

THANK YOU

Old 06-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Default RE: Driving without knowing how fast i go

It is the speed sensor.