Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

low idle? please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Default low idle? please help

okay so this time its a low idle. just got it back from the shop..tranny rebuild, new computers..everything.. and now its idling at like 200rpms ( 200 not 2000)...it started yesterday but it wasnt dying. This morning it started right up, idled low, i put it in reverse ( its an auto ) and it still idled low till i gave it gas. when i gave it gas it just died. would start up at all untill i started giving it gas while starting it. My boyfriend tried to adjust the idle screw and he found that it wasnt lose at all. what could this be? my stupid cars been in the shop for over 2 months and i just got it back last week and now something else is wrong. driving me crazy!!!

Anyways if anyone could help me that would be great. this in my main form of transportation and i gotta work tonight so if anyone could help me that would be great!!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Default RE: low idle? please help

Try cleaning all of the carbon out of the throttle body using a rag and some throttle body/carb cleaner. Do NOT spray directly into the throttle body (even if the can instructions tell you to). Just spray some cleaner on a rag and wipe it down.

Joel, CA

Old 12-20-2005, 07:54 PM

thank joel ill try doing that. im not really all familiar with everything on the car just yet, i'll give it a shot.

ALSO- after i let the car warm up and got some more gas in it it drove fine for the rest of the day however this morning it did the same thing but once it warmed up it ran fine.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:07 PM

make sure all of your sensors are all pluged in cuz when i installed a short ram intake on my 3kgt i forgot to plug the air mass flow sensor bck in and it was making it idle really low too . and if that doesnt work try to adjust the tension on the throttle wire thingy .. cuz that was a prob for me too . if that doesnt work then .. i duno . GOOD LUCK .
Casey

Old 01-25-2006, 01:14 AM

most likely it is your iac/isc motor, you can try cleaning it, many have success to it, or you can get a new or rebuilt one.
check this out, this website has almost anything you could need

http://www.stealth316.com/0-frames.htm

click on garage, then step by step instructions, scroll down to factory items and click on ISC/IAC servo, that shows you how to remove, clean, and install(also explains what it is and how it works)

good luck