Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

MODEL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: MODEL?

Well, that did me no good because, CAPS shows the entire fuel pump and gauge assembly (MB698857).
BTW, here's a How-To on changing out the fuel pump.

Well, I just did a search for a fuel pump for you and to reaffirm what everyone has been telling you, the base and SL models use the same fuel pump. It's not that difficult, really.
Autoparts Warehouse fuel pump.

That site shows that you use the non-turbo pump. Your VIN should have a "J" in it, where a TT will have a "K" in it. That might help you determine which one you get.
What site are you ordering your pump from man? Most sites are pretty easy to find specific parts for.
Post up your site...one of us will find it for you.

I don't know what else to tell you except take it to a shop and let them do it, especially since you're having such a hard time finding the correct fuel pump with help...I'm not flaming you, I'm just saying bro...there only two OEM ones to choose from...

Old 02-20-2007, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

ORIGINAL: USER_22

Does it say SL on the 3000GT anywhere because mine doesnt but I have ABS. also under my hood looks exactly like in the pic.
His will say "SL" on the hatch lid.
Here's a rundown of what TheStealth is stating......there are two fuel pump models, one for the VR (which is most likely going to be a bigger pump [bigger flow, not bigger in size]). The other pump will be for the rest of the models and will flow a smaller amount. That makes sense right? You stated that there are two pumps that you can get, the higher priced one will most likely be the higher flowing pump. Let me look in my CAPS program and get you a model number....

I forgot that base models of any car will not have a trim badge, lol...duh.
So does the base model have ABS. I think mine does, but I dont think there isa SL on it.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 AM

Look at the pic...do you have the hydraulic unit in the same location? If not, then you don't. On top of that, the ABS light should come on when you first start the car. That's a self test. If you don't chances are you don't have ABS. You can also check your hubs for a wheel speed sensor. Your brake pedal may also pulse (not the only reason though). Another way to check (as long as you have good tires) is to drive your car at around 20-30 MPH and stomp on the brakes. If you skreetch to a halt, you don't have ABS, if you slow down fast without losing traction, you've got ABS...

If you have the original owner's manual, you may have the trim labled on it also.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:43 AM

yeah cloth seats and no sl badge does sound like it is a base. for that year though, both the sl and base had the same engine. the sl was a more luxurious model thats all. sl = sports luxury.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 AM

Keep in mind that the badges are easily removed. Many people remove them for a cleaner look. The base does not come with ABS, sunroofs, auto climate control or leather seats. There are no markings on the interior to differentiate between the models.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Look at the pic...do you have the hydraulic unit in the same location? If not, then you don't. On top of that, the ABS light should come on when you first start the car. That's a self test. If you don't chances are you don't have ABS. You can also check your hubs for a wheel speed sensor. Your brake pedal may also pulse (not the only reason though). Another way to check (as long as you have good tires) is to drive your car at around 20-30 MPH and stomp on the brakes. If you skreetch to a halt, you don't have ABS, if you slow down fast without losing traction, you've got ABS...

If you have the original owner's manual, you may have the trim labled on it also.
Which one is the hydraulic unit, im only into my begginning stages of working on and getting to know about cars.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 AM

It says "ABS Hydraulic unit" right below it.
[IMG]local://upfiles/10268/0E9D8456EDFC4D448D45A8248A3662FA.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 AM

For the pump since theres only two diff pumps...isnt it as easy as, do you have turbos or not?

Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 AM

go look up the vin code,, seems like all this engine talk about the cams is a bit too far over your head,,, if your confused over the vin code just take a picture of your engine and give it to the guy selling you the pump im sure he knows if the engine is a DOHC or SOHC or Twin Turbo DOHC since it says it right on the engine block which is nearly the first thing you see when you open the hood,,, and if all this dont help your prolly better off walking that driving the car

Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 AM

if you buy the walbro 341 pump then its compatable with all models and if you decide to upgrade then this pump can do upto 600bhp. its only about $80 which is cheaper than a stock one. they are very good.